Wales BR Offsite

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Wales BR Offsite

The Official Offsite Welsh BR Community

+5
callum
jammydodger
Iorwerth
Woko
denver
9 posters

Mentoring

drewburt
    Club team hero
    Club team hero

Mentoring - Page 3 Empty Re: Mentoring

Post by drewburt Fri Oct 08, 2010 7:52 pm

Hey could I get set up with a buddy please! One that knows all the scams on how to get good too please!

Post by Guest Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:00 pm

Wish someone shared the scams with me. Jazzee volunteered himself to organise the mentoring. If no one offers on here, it might be worth msging him and asking for a mentor.
    denver
    International Superstar
    International Superstar

Post by denver Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:54 pm

Apparently I'm his deputy - god knows why I've got to ask everyone else what to do Very Happy

Post by Guest Sat Oct 09, 2010 5:17 pm

Did you volunteer for the job or was it handed to you?

If your in a charitable mood, fancy doing the div1, 2, 3 and 4 reports for me? Might as well do the div 5 reports too.....and the english 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 reports for our good friend aston.
    Also, I have a back yard that needs mowing....and a missus who isn't taking a hint and making dinner. Very Happy

Post by Guest Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:35 am

Hey guys if anyone has some spare time to mabye give me some tips and help me out alittle with my team that would be great.

thanks.
    mike.
    Woko
    Woko
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by Woko Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:44 pm

Just had a quick look.....2 most obvious things are energy management and your squad's skills.

A lot of your players seem to be at Fit or so, you need to play Normal more - I would think about using LTNT only 3 or 4 times max per season as it really depletes your energy - and even then try and space them out, so look at your fixture list and league, consider who your biggest rivals are (whether its for relegation or promotion etc) and target them.

You have a couple of high csr players, but your critical positions are low in CSR.
    You need better locks and front row to compete well in Div 3.
    So as long as your money management is ok, look out for a decent young-ish tall or fatty to train up.
    If you are short of money, consider training a 17/18 year old on 10 sessions a week for a season and then selling. This would give you a nice lump sum to help you build your team up (and facilities!)

I would also recommend using BOrg to keep an eye on your training, team and finances.

http://borganizerhq.altervista.org/index.html

Post by Guest Mon Oct 18, 2010 1:01 pm

Great thanks for the advice dude i will get on to it like now! Very Happy
    denver
    International Superstar
    International Superstar

Post by denver Mon Oct 18, 2010 1:09 pm

wilf3uk wrote:Did you volunteer for the job or was it handed to you?

If your in a charitable mood, fancy doing the div1, 2, 3 and 4 reports for me? Might as well do the div 5 reports too.....and the english 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 reports for our good friend aston.
    Also, I have a back yard that needs mowing....and a missus who isn't taking a hint and making dinner. Very Happy

What about the scouting ? Don't you want me to do that too ? Very Happy

Post by Guest Mon Oct 18, 2010 1:14 pm

I've been using http://borganizerhq.altervista.org/index.html for a while now but everytime i open it and download the new data it always crashes anyone else getting this problem?
    Iorwerth
    Iorwerth

Post by Iorwerth Mon Oct 18, 2010 1:51 pm

One route I thought I might have gone down if I were starting now would be to buy a few old players. You can get pretty good old players (30+) for not much money for their skill levels. You may have a problem with wages, as their skilsl will mean higher wages, but you should be able to pay for a few of them. They will obviously start aging relatively quickly, but to buy younger players with those skills would cost a lot of money.

Thing to do is see what positons you could really do with a better player in, then see if there any oldies out there that might fit the bill for not much money. I wouldn't just look for oldies, as buying someone and then training them is obviously good as well, but maybe a few old warhorses in your team might give you a bit of an edge.

Just a thought Very Happy

Post by Guest Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:14 pm

Hi Mike, good to see you on here. I would offer to have a look at your team for you, but it'd look very dodgy seeing as we're in the same league Very Happy

Post by Guest Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:31 pm

Hey there mate hehe yeah true,dont think im gonna be in that league much longer if my bad results keep comming Razz
    Do you know anything about BoRganizer mate? i cant seem to get it to work anymore keeps crashing for me.

Post by Guest Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:34 pm

I don't use borganizer, have found this site a bit easier to work with. http://brmanager.go1.cc/V3/index.php?lang_menu=ko

As for the league, you'll be fine. Just gotta watch the energy of a few of your boys.
    Have a feeling that either bangor or webbles will turn bot before they log back in so that'll take some pressure off everyone

Post by Guest Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:40 pm

Does the team thing work on that site,Thats what i need really just some help putting players in their right positions,Im working on the teams energy and stuff and relised what i was doing wrong with that,You're doing well in the league mate you and that other team in the same position as you could be a good game that so all the best for that mate Very Happy

Post by Guest Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:51 pm

Im not going to even try and beat Wyndham mike, they are much better than me and i'll be better off saving my energy until the playoffs.

The position indicators never work well on these things. The only way to really work out what positions to play people is to just ask around for which stats suit each position. Its daft and boring, but once its done its done.

Hopefully someone will offer a hand soon. The guy in charge of the mentoring section has gone awol for the past week or so but hopefully he will be back soon and be able to offer you some help.

Post by Guest Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:54 pm

Also keep checking in here every now and then and you'll soon get your status bumped up. This will allow you to see a lot more of the topics which are hidden from new members.

https://walesbr.forumotion.com/links-and-helpful-articles-f7/positions-guide-updated-t556.htm
    The link above has good bits on player positions. Worth having a look through

Last edited by wilf3uk on Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post by Guest Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:56 pm

Thanks mate,Im gonna take a good hard look now at each position and whats needed for that role and have a mix up then i can get rid of some useless players also and shorten my team,Thanks again mate and all the best for the rest of the season!
    denver
    International Superstar
    International Superstar

Post by denver Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:56 pm

Mike I will gladly give you a hand (as long as Wilf doesn't mind of course lol).

I'm no expert but I'm a new manager and maybe that's a good position to be in as I couldn't advise you on what the big boys do but I've been given some good advice to get started and I'd be happy to pass it on.

Post by Guest Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:58 pm

Thanks dude,any adivce i shall take on board,as i said this bloody game is addictive and im all for learning and trying new things and getting this team better any way i can Smile

Post by Guest Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:58 pm

All the best to you too Very Happy

Last edited by wilf3uk on Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:59 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : i spelt the word too wrong)

Post by Guest Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:06 pm

mike001 wrote:this bloody game is addictive

thats what i said 2 and a half years ago... haha
    jammydodger
    International Superstar
    International Superstar

Post by jammydodger Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:05 am

Thats it, you give him some help and he smashes my team! I get help and my defence has more holes than a colander Smile

Seriously I would really appreciate some help as I think I pissed of Loder for some reason!!

Post by Guest Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:28 pm

someone free to help jammy??? Anyone????

Your main problem at the min Jammy is energy, you'll need to TNT to beat Welsh Webbles....but even then its a 50/50 match as your energy is so low.

Your four most tired players have to be rested this wkend if you TNT or they will be ****ed, but that slightly weakens your squad.

Next week you have ww, so rest all of your 1st XV!!!

If you 'throw' this wks match and next weeks you will have an energy advantage again, but will have lost your playoff spot for now.

Hopefully someone offers to help you out soon, cos your season still has the potential to be a quality one!!!
    jammydodger
    International Superstar
    International Superstar

Post by jammydodger Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:06 pm

Hey Wilf,

Thanks for that, I will have to play normal on Sat and see! Issue at moment is do I play lighter players in front row that have higher skill levels or thow a few heavy guys in that have slightly lower skill levels?
    Iorwerth
    Iorwerth

Post by Iorwerth Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:10 pm

Jammy,

Have sent you a pm with my thoughts - after all, don't know if your rivals may be reading this thread Suspect

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 6:04 pm