Wales BR Offsite

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Wales BR Offsite

The Official Offsite Welsh BR Community

+5
callum
jammydodger
Iorwerth
Woko
denver
9 posters

Mentoring

Mentoring - Page 2 Empty Re: Mentoring

Post by Guest Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:01 pm

Updated msg:
    Hi and welcome to Blackout rugby. Noticed you had just signed up.
    It can be difficult to figure out how everything works on here, so if you need any advice feel free to ask any questions. Im online daily so will be able to help when possible.
    Alternatively we have a mentoring system on here which will be able to link you up with a top welsh manager. Just msg me if your interested in being mentored.
    We have a forum for welsh managers where we discuss players, prospects for the national team, tactics etc
    The website is https://walesbr.forumotion.com/forum.htm
    Happy gaming and good luck for this season ()

Post by Guest Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:13 pm

Glad to be talked about as a "top welsh manager" wilf, but have you seen my league position Mentoring - Page 2 Icon_biggrin
    Not sure I deserve it yet??

Good idea, like it. Should help keep a few starters for longer.
    Iorwerth
    Iorwerth

Post by Iorwerth Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:33 am

maybe mention when they sign up to the off-site they should use the same username they have in Blackout Rugby.

Post by Guest Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:39 am

Yep, I just told my nephew to do the same, Evans19, if he needs verifying.

Post by Guest Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:53 pm

Good point Iorwerth, will include that from now on.
    @ Towz, we're all great managers on here. We're welsh Mentoring - Page 2 Icon_biggrin
    jammydodger
    International Superstar
    International Superstar

Post by jammydodger Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:20 pm

Hi,
    First post here so any help with training and general ideas would be appreciated.

JP

Post by Guest Thu Aug 12, 2010 6:53 pm

I know im not the most experienced manager on here or anything but been on since season 5 now and ad love to help out with the community so if you need some help with the mentorin or somethin id like to help out Smile
    Iorwerth
    Iorwerth

Post by Iorwerth Thu Aug 12, 2010 6:57 pm

Welcome to the off-site Very Happy

Have you sorted out your finances yet? i.e. over the course of an away league game and a home league game you make a profit. Do you have much money available?

Also, seems your squad is very large given you have so many bots (computer controlled teams)in your league - might be worth getting rid of some of them to boost your profits. You defintely don't need more than 30 at the moment, and can probably do with a few less so long as you stay in a league with so many bots. You may be better to fire some of the worse ones rather than sell them, as if they are truly bad no one will buy them!

Try not to play players with low energy, as thye have an increased chance of getting injured. Against a bot team you can win going wnwim, but if you need to raise your contentment then play the odd game against them at normal. Probably better to leave LTNT until you face a human controlled team.

Looking at your league, you are defintely going to finish either 1st or 2nd place, but play your main rival, who has a stronger squad than you. What you might be better of doing is accepting that you will finish 2nd in the league, and so only go normal against him and wnwim in your other fixtures. This should maximise your team's energy for when you get to the play-offs, which might help close the gap when you do play the Cunning Stunts.

Having said that, if you come first in your league (by beating Cunning Stunts in the league in two weeks time) then you will play a bot in the semi-final, so could go wnwim in that semi, while Cunning Stunts would probably have to play LTNT against their semi-final opponents (Gwentdragons) to make sure, thus being tired for the final match against you.

Basically, you have to decide whether to go for it against them now or try and save your powder for later. Such decisions are part of the fun of BR Very Happy

I am sure others will have better/more advice, but just ask if you want to know anything specific.
    jammydodger
    International Superstar
    International Superstar

Post by jammydodger Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:59 am

Hi Thanks for that info, very useful! Finance wise I have developed a stage 2 academy for the youth squad and building the same for the main squad. Make a profit most weeks between 5 - 30k but lost 50 and 100k in the last few weeks due to building and new players.
    I think I have about 300k in the bank so not sure if thats any help?

Jammy
    Iorwerth
    Iorwerth

Post by Iorwerth Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:12 am

So long as you make a profit in the away/home game cycle, discounting player purchases etc, then your finances are fine.

With $300k in the bank you could buy some players to improve your squad. In the short term you can buy some good older players quite cheaply (very cheaply if you go for 30+) that will really strengthen your team. Obviously, old players do start to feel the effects of age after a bit and their skills would get worse (I think you can recognise this if you see their csr gain become a minus), but they can defintely strenghten your team for a few seasons. In the long term, though, you don't really want to rely on that. A few good buys might just increase your chance of getting promoted (an idea might be to check out the csr of your main rival's team to see how good they are - but remember that the csr is not always a reliable indication of actually how good the player is in the position he plays - the utility of a player in his position is dictated by his skills not his csr).

As to training, keep in mind that the younger the player, the faster they learn.
    Woko
    Woko
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by Woko Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:14 am

As Iorwerth says, I would cut your squad size down to 25. You won't need 2 squads in div 4 like you do in higher divs, better to save the money.
    Also, try and concentrate half your training on 2 players (preferably your 2 best players that are under 21 or so), get them better quickly and then sell for good profit to enable you to buy more players and facilities.
    callum
    callum
    International Superstar
    International Superstar

Post by callum Thu Aug 26, 2010 6:38 pm

Could i have a mentor/buddy please as i am particularly new to br

Post by Guest Thu Aug 26, 2010 6:49 pm

Best thing to do is read all the older stuff on here. Then post some questions and someone will answer you.
    I am happy to help if you want to message me but you will prob be better of posting it on here and getting the thoughts of everyone.
    callum
    callum
    International Superstar
    International Superstar

Post by callum Thu Aug 26, 2010 7:01 pm

How Do I Get out of debt i am in 56k

Post by Guest Thu Aug 26, 2010 7:26 pm

I can see that you have a few players for sale to reduce squad size and therefore reduce wages. so good start.
    some players just wont sell so better to sack them than pay the wages whilst you keep trying to sell them.

I am sure that some other offsite guys will post their thoughts

Post by Guest Thu Aug 26, 2010 7:28 pm

Hi Callum - figure out whats costing you the most money, and how much profit/loss you make on a 2 week cycle. Fire/sell some players, then see where that gets you.
    callum
    callum
    International Superstar
    International Superstar

Post by callum Thu Aug 26, 2010 7:30 pm

could you advise me on how to do what you said like tell me how and what to use to work this out.

Post by Guest Thu Aug 26, 2010 7:33 pm

Lots of new players try to run before they can walk and expand the stadium too much no point expanding if the seats will be empty. only upgrade staff when you have worked out the profit and loss and know you can afford them.
    callum
    callum
    International Superstar
    International Superstar

Post by callum Thu Aug 26, 2010 7:36 pm

Yes i did expand my stadium and can you stop the construction?

Post by Guest Thu Aug 26, 2010 7:40 pm

callumrulez wrote:could you advise me on how to do what you said like tell me how and what to use to work this out.

look at your accountants report for a home game week and an away game week ignore players bought and sold as thats not constant income/debt. work out what you lose in an away week and what you gain in a home week and make sure you are making a gain over the two weeks.

Post by Guest Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:57 pm

Hey callum, I'll be happy to take up the mentoring for you....seeing as we're already in contact. Release some the players I msg'd you about earlier and send me the details of your stadium upgrade, training facilities and coaches.
    I got into a bit of debt when I first started and its nothing to worry about for now. You'll get 46k prize money in 2 weeks time, but might have to hire a financial advisor if you have already had a bancruptcy warning
    callum
    callum
    International Superstar
    International Superstar

Post by callum Fri Aug 27, 2010 4:01 pm

stadium upgrade
    -
    +1000
    +50
    +50
    +25
    +1125

And i have a finacial advisor lvl 1

btw any other tips if so msg me on br

Post by Guest Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:17 pm

I hope that +1000 isn't for standing. You make very little/if any money for standing.

I've msg'd you about training, if you want any specific advice on training then post your players stats here and we'll have a look at which stats to train.
    Big money to be earnt if you get the right stats up.
    peasantrugby
    International Superstar
    International Superstar

Post by peasantrugby Sun Sep 19, 2010 1:18 pm

any chance of a mentor please

Post by Guest Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:47 pm

I may not be high up the leagues but I've been playing for almost 18mths.
    The last guy I was mentoring didn't stick it out so I'm free to mentor.

Hope that's not taken as a negative sell, but mail me anytime and I'll help you out.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:26 pm