Wales BR Offsite

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Wales BR Offsite

The Official Offsite Welsh BR Community

3 posters

Valuation of players

Valuation of players Empty Valuation of players

Post by Guest Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:12 pm

Hey guys, I've been training this guy for about 1 and a half seasons now. He's one of my best players but I've decided it's time for him to move on so I can pay for better facilities for the future etc. I've put him up for 250k hoping to get some bites and maybe a bidding war going but had nothing so far. I had a look at the market and similar players were going for nearly 1 million! I was surprised by this but admittedly I am quite inexperienced so I thought I'd ask your opinions. What should players like this go for, and what type of players go for the most/when is the best time to sell someone?

Sebastian Boller Add Shortcut (For Sale)
    19 y/o (R13, D5) | 45,656 CSR (+907) | $8,440 p.w. | 192cm | 108kg | England
    Right handed, right footed, in average form.
    An aggressive player with collected discipline, moderate leadership, and limited experience.
    Energy:
    Energised
    72%
    Stamina: Impressive Handling: Impressive
    Attack: Princely Defense: Admirable
    Technique: Impressive Strength: Impressive
    Jumping: Average Speed: Satisfactory
    Agility: Horrible Kicking: Despicable

Thanks guys.
    Woko
    Woko
    Administrator
    Administrator

Valuation of players Empty Re: Valuation of players

Post by Woko Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:23 pm

Im sure you will sell for 250k. Probably more like 300k.

Not the best time of season to sell though - that was a couple of weeks ago when prize money was distributed. Everyone is now after top players or U20 candidates. They are the players that bring in prime bids.

Your player could go a lot higher though if he gets in a bidding war - he has nice untrainables so it's very possible! I always advise to time it so your sales end on a Sunday evening, it seems to be the optimum of no. people online along with people not actually having much to do except browse the TM etc

Post by Guest Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:28 pm

There's a few different thoughts on when the best time to sell is. In general, have a think when most people are online and have money. I think I usually try to time it to end on a matchday.

There's also the time of the season if you can wait - a lot of people try to sell at the end of the season after teams have received their prize money.

Valuation is a tricky thing. A lot of people are attracted by high CSR, but that doesn't necessarily mean the player will have the right stats for any one position.

Age is a big factor, the younger the player the better.

'Untrainables' also play a part, mainly for front 5 players - people want players of the right height/weight. You can train a prop to be strong, or a lock to jump, but of course you can't train them to be heavy or tall, so heavy props and tall locks bring more money on the TM.

Bear in mind that if you put a player up for what you think he's worth, you probably won't get many bids until right at the end - but at least if you get any bids at all you'll know they'll be decent ones. On the other hand, some managers seem to prefer to put players up for a really cheap price to get people's attention, and to start the bidding earlier. Of course, this could be a risky strategy.

Post by Guest Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:31 pm

BTW, he looks a good backrow.

As woko says, good 'untrainables' - height, weight, aggression, discipline. His stats are in the right places too, and he's young enough to be trained well. I reckon you'll get over 250k.
    peasantrugby
    International Superstar
    International Superstar

Post by peasantrugby Tue May 24, 2011 9:01 pm

the way the market is at moment over 300k probably close to 4 if you get enough players bidding

I have an 18 yr old with 10 speed and only 22k going for 80k at mo with 2 days left and didnt get ne bids same time last yr
    newgalesurf
    newgalesurf
    U20 National Manager

Post by newgalesurf Tue May 24, 2011 9:09 pm

I usually put the player up for what I would realistically be happy with, and hope the price goes ahead of what I expect. Usually means that the sale price is lower than market, but reduces the tax you will pay if the sale doesn't happen.

Aim to try and end the auction on a weekend, or failing this, go for at least a week. I just sold a ton of players for 2m, but think I missed out on a lot of cash, as I never paid enough attention to the auction length, so most of them were set to 3 days. Didn't want to withdraw and take the tax hit. I have a couple ongoing on a 2 week auction that seem to receive a bid a day.

TM seems pretty active at the moment. Good prices on U20's or over 27's. Guess people are recruiting for a cup run.

Post by Guest Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:10 pm

Valuation of players Captur10
    My second best player CSR wise but I can't see much talent really, is a good flanker kind of but would rather spread the profits around the team how much do we think??
    newgalesurf
    newgalesurf
    U20 National Manager

Post by newgalesurf Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:39 am

mitchie95 wrote:Valuation of players Captur10
    My second best player CSR wise but I can't see much talent really, is a good flanker kind of but would rather spread the profits around the team how much do we think??

Not sure you will get much for him. 19k CSR is less than a lot of 17 y/o's out of the academies. I think I would list for 10k, or even 5k for a couple of weeks and see what happens. this would minimize the tax hit if there is no sale
    Woko
    Woko
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by Woko Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:51 am

at 22yo I would probably sack today to save the 5k on his wages tomorrow - he won't go for more than 5k I don't think. If it was a Thursday or something then I would have put on a 3-dayer for $1k but as wages is tonight - sack him if he is of no use to you.

EDIT : Just read your post - thought you wanted a valuation to sell! Keep him if he is your 2nd best CSR. He ain't a terrible player for a newbie team by any means.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:20 am