Wales BR Offsite

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Wales BR Offsite

The Official Offsite Welsh BR Community

3 posters

Youth Training

Youth Training Empty Youth Training

Post by Guest Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:51 pm

Anyone think that youth training is a bit unrealistic?

I have suggested in the clubrooms that:

1) Implement youth training so I can have two training plans. One for my forwards and for my backs.
    2) Or implement youth training so I can assign a training plan for each of my players.

http://www.blackoutrugby.com/game/global.clubrooms.php#conversation=47830&z=1792

I think this would bring extra interest for any manager who is interested in their YA development. It makes sense and is more realistic that each player should have their own training plan or forwards and backs training sessions should be different to benefit their positions.
    tomo
    International Superstar
    International Superstar

Youth Training Empty Re: Youth Training

Post by tomo Sun Mar 10, 2013 7:24 pm

It's been suggested several times before and they always say no as they say it is like having two teams in 1 club and they don't want the youth to be the same as the seniors, but I have always been a fan of changing to something like you have suggested but don't think it will ever be implemented, but maybe one of our mods can give more insight, Paul or Iorwerth.

Post by Guest Sun Mar 10, 2013 7:40 pm

This seems a bit silly having a development squad(which all youth teams are) and not be able to train each player or seperate back and forward training from each other. So if I decide to promote a possible fly half and lock into my team to develop into my 1st team I won't be able to? Well I can but won't able to set a training plan to train two players at different position to their potential?
    Iorwerth
    Iorwerth

Post by Iorwerth Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:45 am

There had been talk about making the youth system mirror the senior set-up, but it hasn't been discused for ages now. At the moment it is not on the cards, but things can always change. One thing to remember is that IGT in the youth system is a lot stronger than in the senior side, so if you play a youth in the same position game after game it is slightly like giving him individual sessions in the relevant skills for that position. So, to a degree, the youth system allows all 15 players to have positional training to a greater degree than the seniors.

Post by Guest Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:13 pm

I want more flexibility with my youth training especially as players skills are getting revealed and certain skills need to be addressed in their position played. This is an essential part of the game in developing my youth players for my 1st team and future MP's.

I reckon that each player should have their own personal plan to suit their position they play in. At the moment I want to scout for a lock and flyhalf but won't be able to have jumping and kicking in Team Training as one skill won't suit the other and those two skills won't suit my other 20 players in the squad. This would mean the same to my 1st Team Training.

Not sure that IGT has that great effect, I have a player who has played 42 games on the wing and looks like a backrow. I could have changed the sessions to suit his position but then would have had forwards looking like backs.

Stamina: Princely Handling: Satisfactory
    Attack: Satisfactory Defense: Impressive
    Technique: Princely Strength: Princely
    Jumping: Horrible Speed: Moderate
    Agility: Limited Kicking: Limited
    newgalesurf
    newgalesurf
    U20 National Manager

Post by newgalesurf Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:29 pm

Youth training does cause anomalies. I had a lock in the academy. He was a season behind other Masterplan players so I did a season of jumping. Now I have a couple of guys with the physical characteristics of a prop but 11 jumping.

I usually train core skills such as Stam hand def and att. Sometimes tech as even backs can benefit as a secondary skill.

Post by Guest Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:10 pm

It should nt be like that though!

stam and def I would agree on as it would suit forwards and backs. handling and att is useful but depends what MP position you want to train up, eg. if you want a flyhalf then you have to decide what to drop between hand and att and same if you want to train up a lock

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 7:30 pm