Wales BR Offsite

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Wales BR Offsite

The Official Offsite Welsh BR Community

When to promote from junior squad

jammydodger
    International Superstar
    International Superstar

When to promote from junior squad Empty When to promote from junior squad

Post by jammydodger Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:07 pm

Hi all,

End of the season and there are a number of players in my junior squad that are 19. What age do they automatically move from junior to senior rugby?

Also how do you find out if they are any good before you promote them? If they are no good do I just fire them or put them on the market?

Thanks

J

When to promote from junior squad Empty Re: When to promote from junior squad

Post by Guest Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:45 pm

The 19 year olds will retire at the end of this week. They will be swapped with brand spanking new players. The new players ability depends on the number of youth scouting stars you have got each week.

As for telling which players are good, there are two ways:
    Firstly you can get a youth manager. Over the course of the season they gradually reveal your players stats. Secondly, clickon your YA results page & click on a match. In the reporters summary, your players will have stars next to their name. These stars(roughly) give you an idea of if a player is playing well. Click on someone who has a high number of stars. Bear in mind tho that a higher level of form will increase the star rating

Post by Guest Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:33 pm

I've had a look and there are 2 decent looking players in your YT.
    O. Connick
    B. Menai
    All 16 yrs and not available to promote till their b'day's next season. if i were you i'd save up your stars for their replacements.
    jammydodger
    International Superstar
    International Superstar

Post by jammydodger Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:01 pm

ok ty for that, I am trying to wait until I have 20 stars before i scout / replace anyone, the two players you mentioned are as a direct result of this. I am not sure if it is right but I will promote an average player and then either sell or fire them so I can recruit a 20 star youth player.

Post by Guest Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:22 am

jammydodger wrote: I am not sure if it is right but I will promote an average player and then either sell or fire them so I can recruit a 20 star youth player.

That is the way to go.. just make sure you have enough stars to replace those two on their birthdays.

Post by Guest Tue Sep 14, 2010 5:25 pm

wilf3uk wrote:The 19 year olds will retire at the end of this week. They will be swapped with brand spanking new players. The new players ability depends on the number of youth scouting stars you have got each week.

Do the 19 year olds still retire at the end of this week or do they now stay until their 20th birthday next season???

Post by Guest Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:04 pm

Good point. I'll check the docs and see what I can find

http://www.blackoutrugby.com/game/global.clubrooms.php#conversation=28201&z=9792

Looks like they retire on the bday. Makes sense when I think about it

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 3:05 am