Wales BR Offsite

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Wales BR Offsite

The Official Offsite Welsh BR Community

2 posters

Weather tactics

Weather tactics Empty Weather tactics

Post by Guest Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:07 pm

Just reading the questions lounge and come across a weather topic. Does the weather play a noticable part in games? I've paid no attention to the weather so far, but with a few semi-active managers in my league it could give me an advantage come match day if I can adjust my team to suit the conditions.
    Penderyn
    International Superstar
    International Superstar

Weather tactics Empty Re: Weather tactics

Post by Penderyn Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:17 pm

I've seen that thread too, and generally agree with most of the replies.

If its raining, I tend to keep it tight. Pick n go + driving, with a higher kicking level. Creative and expansive down to a min (let the wingers get cold and wet)

Windy weather I reduce the kicking.

Having said that though, I only move them around 5-10%, or thereabouts.

Post by Guest Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:08 pm

Just saw Lodor link to this, I have ad my own thoughts on this. And this season, they seem to have paid off.

Assume Sunny (Or Clear Night) to be where you play to your strengths, the adjustments from weather come after, and for me tend to be around 3-8%.

In Rain, I tend lower my kicking to touch rating, and drop plays needing Handling (Creative, lesser extent Expansive) a lot lower. The reasoning is that in rain, the ball is slippery, so high balls tend to be dropped, so more scrums, and Handling as a whole is lower. A reasonably high kicking game also pays off, as it means you get the metres that you lose out on with the wider plays. I have noticed mauls gain less ground in Rain, possibly due to poor footing?

If it is Windy, Kicking is dropped to fairly low, as they rarely find the target (at my level anyway). However, the kick placement goes almost entirely to touch, as that is more likely to pay off. To compensate for the lack of kicking ground, a higher Expansive and Creative game keeps the team moving forward.

However, being Welsh, we know that they rarely come on their own. It is about finding the balance between the two, as they almost have the opposite sets of tactical changes. Kicking percentage can stay fairly low, and Driving and PnG plays tend to work, conceding less handling errors.

Another thing I have noticed is the effect of the earlier weather. For example, the match day forecast includes times before and after the match. If both are the same (say Rain), it appears to make the effects rain can have worse.
    denver
    International Superstar
    International Superstar

Post by denver Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:36 pm

This is good stuff guys.

I've never bothered about it but now thinking about it you make a lot of sense.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:38 am