Wales BR Offsite

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Wales BR Offsite

The Official Offsite Welsh BR Community

loose or tight

loose or tight  Empty loose or tight

Post by Guest Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:39 pm

Looking at previous team selections of the guy I am up against on sat he seems to play a 131 Kg loose thead on 36,368 CSR and a 102 Kg tighthead 40,917 CSR. Now I comfortably won last time playing my standard 2 props against him but I am not counting on the same thing again as I expect him to be up for it.

I generally play a 125Kg loose (34,581 CSR) and 195cm

and a 123Kg Tight head (35,151 CSR) 183cm.

The main differences are that the tighthead has one unit more strength and the loose has 3 units more stamina. So looking to locate and maximise any strengths would you guys leave things as they are? Or swap them around so the slightly weaker loosehead is up against the fatter guy but more stamina to scrummage longer and the stronger tighthead goes against a higher rated but lighter prop. Would it even make a difference?
    newgalesurf
    newgalesurf
    U20 National Manager

loose or tight  Empty Re: loose or tight

Post by newgalesurf Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:45 pm

newbridgerfc wrote:Looking at previous team selections of the guy I am up against on sat he seems to play a 131 Kg loose thead on 36,368 CSR and a 102 Kg tighthead 40,917 CSR. Now I comfortably won last time playing my standard 2 props against him but I am not counting on the same thing again as I expect him to be up for it.

I generally play a 125Kg loose (34,581 CSR) and 195cm

and a 123Kg Tight head (35,151 CSR) 183cm.

The main differences are that the tighthead has one unit more strength and the loose has 3 units more stamina. So looking to locate and maximise any strengths would you guys leave things as they are? Or swap them around so the slightly weaker loosehead is up against the fatter guy but more stamina to scrummage longer and the stronger tighthead goes against a higher rated but lighter prop. Would it even make a difference?

I would be concerned with the height difference. It is better to try and match the heights of the props, and have the hooker slightly shorter. There is a performance advantage for height matched props and a hooker 5cm shorter. Not sure how much, and can't fin it in the documentation now.

Not sure there is too much difference between playing someone at 1 or 3. I tend to play the bigger lump or more technical prop at 3 (just as in RL)

Post by Guest Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:52 pm

I am working on that, my loose head is younger and the prop I am training up is more of a match for him but at the moment I have these 2 Very Happy my scrum functions well enough for me at the moment so I am not too worried about it just yet. Would be interested to know if the ME accounts for loose against tight or loose against loose when considering opposing players
    newgalesurf
    newgalesurf
    U20 National Manager

Post by newgalesurf Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:59 pm

newbridgerfc wrote:I am working on that, my loose head is younger and the prop I am training up is more of a match for him but at the moment I have these 2 Very Happy my scrum functions well enough for me at the moment so I am not too worried about it just yet. Would be interested to know if the ME accounts for loose against tight or loose against loose when considering opposing players

You know, I am not sure if there is a difference between props. can't find anything in docs. I have been known to shift my Welsh international prop to face up to the stronger opposition prop though. But usually I just select the front row I want to play

Post by Guest Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:00 pm

Am I the only one who has clicked this topic and been disappointed to find out that it relates to rugby?

Post by Guest Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:24 pm

Well I needed to get you to look somehow ......... Twisted Evil

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:41 pm