Wales BR Offsite

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Wales BR Offsite

The Official Offsite Welsh BR Community

3 posters

Beating Cunning Stunts in playoff!!

jammydodger
    International Superstar
    International Superstar

Beating Cunning Stunts in playoff!! Empty Beating Cunning Stunts in playoff!!

Post by jammydodger Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:07 pm

Hi fellow BR bro's!!

Almost down to finals of playoffs (one match against a bot to go!) but how on earth am I going to beat the Cunning Stunts as they have given me a kicking so far!!

I have invested in some new backs and the back row is coming together now but I am not sure if that will be enough!!

Jammy
    Iorwerth
    Iorwerth

Beating Cunning Stunts in playoff!! Empty Re: Beating Cunning Stunts in playoff!!

Post by Iorwerth Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:31 pm

It is going to ve very tough, as they have a better team than you. Obviously, LTNT is a must. After that, you have to hope for the best. They have a better lineout than you, but that doesn't mean you kicking is a bad idea, just that you are unlikely to pinch the ball off them. Sometimes, playing against a better team it is a good idea to kick quick alot, so you are not playing and getting turned over in your own half so much. After that, it depends how much risk you want to take - if you want to go for it and have reasonable handling then perhaps up your creativity - but the risk is you just give possession to them when you bugger up. You could go the opposite and play safe, with plenty of P&G hoping to keep the ball for longer and make small gains. I don't think there is a 'best' way, but others might have some good ideas.
    jammydodger
    International Superstar
    International Superstar

Beating Cunning Stunts in playoff!! Empty Re: Beating Cunning Stunts in playoff!!

Post by jammydodger Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:56 pm

Thanks for that, I am not sure where I can beat him but kicking and png sounds like a plan to me! As I have nothing to lose I guess I can just experiment!
    jammydodger
    International Superstar
    International Superstar

Post by jammydodger Sat Sep 11, 2010 11:39 am

well after all that i missed the deadline to change my team and tactics!! Must be getting old!!!
    jammydodger
    International Superstar
    International Superstar

Post by jammydodger Sat Sep 11, 2010 9:14 pm

I only went and won the damn playoffs!!
    Iorwerth
    Iorwerth

Post by Iorwerth Sat Sep 11, 2010 10:28 pm

Well done - I didn't think you would do it! Lucky you didn't get a chnce to spoil it by changing tactics.

Have you auto promoted or do you have a qualfier?
    jammydodger
    International Superstar
    International Superstar

Post by jammydodger Sun Sep 12, 2010 5:24 am

That I do not know, I checked the league info and my team was in the promoted section so I guess I have been promoted!?

Post by Guest Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:23 am

Congrats Very Happy Im also suprised by the result. Looking at the stats he dominated the lineout/scrum, so your forwards need a kick up the backside. Great win tho!!!

Div.3 is a tough old nut to crack....Some of the league are very tough, whereas some(like mine) are pretty easy.

Use your prize money wisely & you stand a good chance of staying up.

whiskyman
    International Superstar
    International Superstar

Post by whiskyman Tue Sep 14, 2010 6:57 pm

I guess that where your nickname comes from jammydodger

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:15 am